Buying a home will probably rank as one of the biggest personal investments one can make. Being organized and in control will contribute significantly to getting the best home deal possible with the least amount of stress. It’s important to anticipate the steps required to successfully achieve your housing goal and to build a plan of action that gets you there.
Before you can build a plan of action, take the time to lay the groundwork for your decision-making process.
First, ask yourself how much you can afford to pay for a home. If you’re not sure on the price range, find a lender and get pre-approved. Pre-approval will let you know how much you can afford, allowing you to look for homes in your price range. Getting pre-approved also helps you to alleviate some of the anxieties that come with home buying. You know exactly what you qualify for and at what rate, you know how large your monthly mortgage payments will be, and you know how much you will have for a down payment. Once you are pre-approved, you avoid the frustration of finding homes that you think are perfect, but are not in your price range.
Second, ask yourself where you want to live and what the best location for you and/or your family is. Things to consider:
- convenience for all family members
- proximity to work, school
- crime rate of the neighborhood
- local transportation
- types of homes in neighborhoods, for example, condos, townhomes, co-ops, newly constructed homes, etc.
- Let me know your thoughts and if you need to find a mortgage/loan officer in the area or additional information. Email John@johnwarnersellstampa.com
Click here to start your new home search today! See below on the page for New home Construction listings.